For the Media
If you are a member of the media, please call our office at 502-589-2124 and ask to speak with the Director.
- EMW continues to challenge Kentucky legislation restricting woman’s reproductive rights. We have been able to win significant victories, in very difficult circumstances.
- EMW Women’s Surgical Center is licensed by the state of Kentucky. We are privately owned, founded in 1981 and have performed over 100,000 abortions.
- EMW is located in a 14,000 square foot facility in Louisville, KY. It is downtown near all the major medical hospitals.
- We are board certified obstetrician/gynecologists that are specialists in
- Our physicians are professors at the University of Louisville in the department of Ob/Gyn and provide the full range of woman’s healthcare.
- We are highly respected by Universities to train their residents.
- Our physicians direct the long acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) program at the University of Louisville Hospital where IUD’s and implants can be obtained at a very low cost.
- Our counselors are degreed from recognized universities. Our medical personnel are licensed in their respective fields.
- Each patient receives individual counseling.
- Our patients come to us from a six state region. Patients travel from Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Missouri, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
- We offer abortions for women who are between 6 and 21.6 weeks pregnant.
- EMW Women’s Surgical Center performs approximately 3,000 procedures per year.
Abortion is not rare. Nationwide, 1 in 4 women will have an abortion during their reproductive years.